Friday, October 30, 2009

from illustrator to photoshop

Time to turn my attention to Mr. Bain's photoshop assignment.

This morning I did the tutorial instructing how to use the healing brush tool. I took a photo of the best rapper alive (lil wayne if you're living under a rock) and I edited out a couple of his facial tattoos.

I had never used this took before because my limited experience with photoshop was really focused on making flyers.

I'm about to go watch a ton of tutorials on youtube now, with photoshop running so I can try out the stuff as I go along. Stuff I plan to view tutorials about include:

Scaling Images
○ Saving Files in various formats
○ Cropping
○ Brightening and Darkening
○ Rotating
○ Sharpening

Then I'm going to read up on blending layers, the gestalt theory and golden mean. Basically I have A LOT of catching up to do.

My next entry will probably be after I'm finished doing the typography assignment.

PS. It feels good to be spending all day on a laptop again.

No comments:

Post a Comment