Thursday, February 4, 2010

Should be Flashing but I'm Photoshopping

Still dealing with the loss of Patti-Ann. Anyway I've decided to make my own tribute to her, multi-media style. So I'm going to add some photoshop effects to pictures of her posted on FB.

Will be blogging my progress as I go along. I got my inspiration for this actually from viewing wallpapers of my favourite NBA player Kevin Durant. My final product should have a patterned background, a sketched version of Patti as a background pic, then a full color image of her in the foreground, along with some text, not sure what text yet.

I've started already, just figured out from playing around how to do a cool effect with my text. I put the pattern as the background, next layer a white fill on 57% opacity, then a text layer.

For the text layer, I changed the blend mode to overlay, and voila, I got an effect that my text became basically see through exposing the pattern on the first layer. Freakin cool!

I'll be back either updating this post or makin a new one as i progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment